For Animation Filmmakers:
For Animation and Film Festivals & Events Professionals
Ventana Sur is the most important market of audiovisual content in Latin America, and it is a must in the schedule of distributors and buyers from the international industry. Organized by the National Institute of Cinema and Audiovisual Arts (INCAA) and Marché du Film – Cannes Film Festival, VS brings together all the different players from the audiovisual industry to promote international co-production, financing and distribution of Latin American content.
The event welcomes more than 3000 accredited participants every year, including more than 250 buyers and sellers from the five continents, and representatives from the most important networks and international platforms.
Ventana Sur will take place between November 30th and December 4th, 2020.
This call is for animated feature film and TV series projects from Latin America in development or in pre-production stage. A selection of up to seven projects per category will be curated by representatives of the Annecy International Animation Film Market (MIFA).
The projects will be showcased during Ventana Sur Market 2020 and they will be evaluated by a jury made up of MIFA members and animation experts.
The jury will choose four winning projects (two for TV series and two for feature film) that will be part of a special program presented by Animation! in Annecy 2021.
– This call for Projects is for animated feature films and TV series in development or in pre-production stage.
– Only Latin American projects, including co-productions involving a Latin American majority partner, can be registered.
– The projects may be presented by the author and/or producer.
– Only one project per author and/or producer can be submitted per category.
– Only projects whose paperwork is complete (entry form and materials submitted) and have been sent before the deadline will be considered, whatever the competing category.
– In the case of TV series, the project must not have been pre-purchased by a TV channel.
– The deadline to submit the materials is September 11th, 2020.
SELECTION AND SUPPORT
– Representatives of the Annecy International Animation Film Market (MIFA) will select up to seven projects for feature film and up to seven projects for TV series.
– The selected projects will be announced around mid-October.
– The finalist projects will be part of the Animation! Pitching Sessions that will take place between November 30th and December 4th at the Ventana Sur Market. The project leaders will have the chance to share their pitch and to promote their projects among the international industry professionals accredited in the Market.
– One representative per project will receive a complimentary accreditation for Ventana Sur 2020.
– Travel and accommodation expenses remain the responsibility of the selected companies.
– Both, pitching and training sessions with experts will be held in English.
– In addition to the on-site pitch, each finalist must send a video pitch of the project before November 16th, 2020
– The finalist projects holders will receive a tutorial and will have access to mentoring sessions in order to develop their pitch properly.
– The video pitch must be sent before November 16th, 2020, considering these technical specifications:
Maximum length: 7 minutes
– A jury made up of MIFA members and animation experts will choose four winning projects (two for TV series and two for feature film) that will be part of a special program presented by Animation! in Annecy 2021, France. The International Animation Film Festival of Annecy will offer, as an award, one accreditation per project, which will give full access to all the market events (MIFA pass). For projects with more than one representative, additional accreditations should be afforded by the production company.
SPECIAL MENTORING PROGRAM WITH THE SUPPORT OF THE INSTITUT FRANÇAIS
– All the projects that successfully complete the submission and are directed by women will be considered to take part in a Special Mentoring Program. A jury made up of prominent women in the international industry will select up to five finalist projects. That selection will be announced during Ventana Sur. The Mentoring Program will take place at the beginning of 2021. After the training, two projects will be selected from those in the program to be presented at MIFA / Annecy 2021.
– Registration is free
– All selected projects and information about the authors will be listed on the Market and Animation! websites and social networks.
– The information and images submitted might be used in promotional materials of Animation! Pitching Sessions.
– Any circumstance not foreseen in these Terms and Conditions will be resolved by the event authorities.