The Big Bad Fox, Pépé Le Morse Take Home the 43th César Awards
The animation winners of the 2018 French César awards.
The 43th César Awards revealed their nominees for the upcoming ceremony.The Big Bad Fox and Other Tales from Benjamin Renner (of Ernest and Celestine) and Patrick Imbert (Folivari Productions: Damien Brunner and Didier Brunner) took home the César for best animated feature.
The countryside isn't always as calm and peaceful as it's made out to be, and the animals on this farm are particularly agitated: a fox who mothers a family of chicks, a rabbit who plays the stork, and a duck who wants to be Santa Claus. [ read the ZF film review].
The other nominees were the 2017 Annecy winner and fantasy zombie story Zombillénium by Arthur de Pins and Alexis Ducord, and the French-Canadian 3D computer animated film Sahara by Pierre Coré (and a financial success in France, with 1,1 m. admissions)
The full list:
- LE GRAND MÉCHANT RENARD ET AUTRES CONTES… : Direction: Benjamin Renner et Patrick Imbert / Production: Folivari
- SAHARA : Direction : Pierre Coré / Production : La station Animation, Mandarin Production
- ZOMBILLÉNIUM : Direction:Arthur de Pins et Alexis Ducord / Production :Maybe Movies
In the short animation category, Pépé Le Morse (Grandpa Walrus) by Lucrèce Andreae (Production: CAIMANS PRODUCTIONS /Jérôme Barthélemy, Daniel Sauvage) was awarded the Best French Animated Short.
On the windy and cloudy beach, Granny is praying, Mum is shouting, the sisters don't care, Lucas is alone. Grandpa was a weird guy, now he's dead.
The 4 short animation nominees ((out of 12 previously shortlisted).
- I WANT PLUTO TO BE A PLANET AGAIN: Direction : Marie Amachoukeli et Vladimir Mavounia-Kouka / Production : AUTOUR DE MINUIT PRODUCTIONS
- LE FUTUR SERA CHAUVE: Direction: Paul Cabon / Production: WAG PROD
- LE JARDIN DE MINUIT: Direction : Benoît Chieux / Production : SACREBLEU PRODUCTION
- PÉPÉ LE MORSE: Direction: Lucrèce Andreae / Production : CAIMANS PRODUCTIONS
The 43rd Award Ceremony of the French César Awards was dedicated to Jeanne Moreau, and it took place 2 March 2018 (Salle Pleyel, Paris).